Thursday 30 December 2010

Consolidation

From now on I am going to be posting my favourite choices from each decade but a little consolidation is needed first. What I will do is up date this posting every time I come across something that I would say is completely and utterly essential - so this list is going to lengthen as I go.

The real high points so far for me which I would not want you to miss are the following (album title in italics):-
1400s
Dufay - Missa Sancti Jacobi: Introit Music for St James the Greater
Ockeghem - Missa De Plus en plus - Agnus Dei The Essential Ockeghem
Des Prez - Stabat  Mater Dolorosa Desprez Stabat Mater Motets
1500s
Janequin - Les Chantes des L’Oiseaux masterpieces for choir  
Willaert - Magnificat Sexti Toni Art & Music: Bruegel - Music of His Time
Palestrina - Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie Palestrina: Missa Papae Marcelli
Lassus - Missa Bell' Amfitrit Altera: Kyrie World of Early Music
1600-1610
Monteverdi – L’Orfeo – Lasciati I Monte Monteverdi: L'Orfeo
Dowland – My Lord Willoughby’s Welcome Home  Lute Music of John Dowland

No comments:

Post a Comment